I finally fulfilled a dream to travel to Tropical North Queensland, snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef and explored the Daintree Rainforest.
But beyond the total tourist trip, I also found some cool little spots in Port Douglas.
- Ahoy Trader: I love the Byron Bay store and was stoked to find another one in Port Douglas. I bought this gorgeous maxi skirt by Marho.
- Sparrow Coffee: Shopping is thirsty work, so we grabbed an ice coffee (too hot for the hot stuff!) at Sparrow next door to Ahoy.
- Betty’s Bohemian Beach Cafe: Delicious clean and whole foods, vegan, gluten-free, totally boho-chic.
- Deep Retreat, Whole Foods & Yoga Studio: It’s a triple-threat! We got our Yin on at the Deep studio, stocked up on GF and vegan goodies and blissed out with a 90 minute massage from Gabi.
- Harrisons Restaurant: We stumbled upon this hatted restaurant and had the most sublime dinner with fresh, local ingredients – a huge step up from the usual bar-and-grill.
- The Little Larder: Two words: gluten-free brownie (is that three words?)
- Windswell SUP: Nothing like SUPping on the Coral Sea. And totally not bragging but in one hour I went from falling off every two seconds to practising my yoga moves! Success!